Tirupur sources stated that in a worrying trend garment and knitwear exports continue to decline since 2017 from the ‘dollar city’. Meanwhile this has prompted the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to press for immediate remedial measures from the Central and State governments to improve the competitiveness of the sector and bring back knitwear exports on the growth trajectory.
As per report the 28th annual general body meeting of TEA was convened in Tirupur on Saturday. Moreover after the meeting, president Raja M Shanmugam said, “the total ready made garments exports from India clocked Rs 1,07,679 crore in 2017 - 18 compared to Rs 1,16,508 crore achieved in the previous year of 2016-17.
Furthermore the TEA Chief added However, in the
first four months of the current year, total knitwear exports came down to Rs
16,732 crore against Rs 19,182 crore clocked for the corresponding months in
2017-18, a negative growth of 13%. Moreover according to him, the impact on
exports after implementation of GST and consequent reduction in duty drawback
and rebate of state levies (ROSL) is quite evident from the continuous decline
in exports. Further he suggested that sliding exports could be brought back to
the growth trajectory only by enhancing our competitiveness.
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!