Tirupur sources stated that in a worrying trend garment and knitwear exports continue to decline since 2017 from the ‘dollar city’. Meanwhile this has prompted the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to press for immediate remedial measures from the Central and State governments to improve the competitiveness of the sector and bring back knitwear exports on the growth trajectory.
As per report the 28th annual general body meeting of TEA was convened in Tirupur on Saturday. Moreover after the meeting, president Raja M Shanmugam said, “the total ready made garments exports from India clocked Rs 1,07,679 crore in 2017 - 18 compared to Rs 1,16,508 crore achieved in the previous year of 2016-17.
Furthermore the TEA Chief added However, in the
first four months of the current year, total knitwear exports came down to Rs
16,732 crore against Rs 19,182 crore clocked for the corresponding months in
2017-18, a negative growth of 13%. Moreover according to him, the impact on
exports after implementation of GST and consequent reduction in duty drawback
and rebate of state levies (ROSL) is quite evident from the continuous decline
in exports. Further he suggested that sliding exports could be brought back to
the growth trajectory only by enhancing our competitiveness.
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina