While there are various reasons being cited for the huge rains and floods in Kerala, a Karnataka BJP MLA has given a whole new reason for the rains. After Kerala was impacted by huge rainfall, everyone started accusing one or the other as the reason behind the rains. On another end, there are accusations that there's no coordination between Kerala electricity board and water resources department.
A section of people has accused that Tamilnadu opening the Mullaperiyar dam has been the major reason behind huge floods. Other than these, global warming and destruction of forests were also cited by several people as reasons behind heavy rainfall. While all these reasons had a scientific reasoning behind and had a rational thinking process, two reasons were totally controversial.
One of them was the reason said by a group of people that it was because of the anger caused by people's demand to let women into Sabarimala that lord Aiyappan caused the rainfall to punish Kerala, as said by Auditor Gurumurthy. Now, Karnataka BJP MLA Pasan Gowda Patil has said that the consumption of beef by Kerala people and conducting of Beef festival last year are the reasons behind the heavy floods, and added that once BJP gets to rule Karnataka, they will ban killing for beef.
Pasan Gowda's talk even without thinking of other states consuming beef not affected by floods has got instant criticism. Now people are asking him the reason why Kodagu in Karnataka also got affected by floods.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers