Chennai sources reported that the prices of vegetables in the wholesale and retail markets plunged across the city, as the inflow of vegetables from various districts and other states has been increasing. Meanwhile even as the traders attributed the fall in prices to the heavy rainfall and good harvesting, market management committee at Koyambedu pointed out that a sizable number of lorries transporting vegetables to the rain battered Kerala returned to Koyambedu market, as road infrastructure in Kerala state was badly affected.
As per report they have been suffering a lot due to the dip in prices. A trader at Koyambedu market said “We intermittently face such kind of issues and the price of tomato, which a month ago sold at Rs 20, has come down to Rs 8. Similarly, the prices of vegetables like drumstick, brinjal, cabbage, radish and beans have dropped by 50%”. Further, the number of lorries coming to Koyambedu has risen to around 400, as many lorries have stopped plying to Kerala. “So, the inflow of vegetables remains as a trigger to the prices”.
Meanwhile as per report a vendor at
Purasawalkam retail market said vendors from retail markets sell
the vegetables at higher prices. He added “Since vegetables
are available in abundance at wholesale markets, we are selling the same
at 10 to 20% higher than purchasing price”.
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism