Chennai sources reported that the prices of vegetables in the wholesale and retail markets plunged across the city, as the inflow of vegetables from various districts and other states has been increasing. Meanwhile even as the traders attributed the fall in prices to the heavy rainfall and good harvesting, market management committee at Koyambedu pointed out that a sizable number of lorries transporting vegetables to the rain battered Kerala returned to Koyambedu market, as road infrastructure in Kerala state was badly affected.
As per report they have been suffering a lot due to the dip in prices. A trader at Koyambedu market said “We intermittently face such kind of issues and the price of tomato, which a month ago sold at Rs 20, has come down to Rs 8. Similarly, the prices of vegetables like drumstick, brinjal, cabbage, radish and beans have dropped by 50%”. Further, the number of lorries coming to Koyambedu has risen to around 400, as many lorries have stopped plying to Kerala. “So, the inflow of vegetables remains as a trigger to the prices”.
Meanwhile as per report a vendor at
Purasawalkam retail market said vendors from retail markets sell
the vegetables at higher prices. He added “Since vegetables
are available in abundance at wholesale markets, we are selling the same
at 10 to 20% higher than purchasing price”.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar