DMK Party secretary RS Bharathi had yesterday made an announcement that former DMK Chief, the late Kalaignar M Karunanidhi's son MK Stalin had been elected as the party chief unanimously. DMK party had already announced the conducting of DMK general body meeting on August 28 at Chennai, and it was announced that the nomination process for the posts of the party chief and treasurer will be conducted on August 26, with the deadline for withdrawal of nominations being August 27.
The DMK working leader MK Stalin and senior member Duraimurugan had contested the elections for the roles of party chief and treasurer respectively and had filed their nominations yesterday. None other than Duraimurugan and Stalin had filed their nominations, following which both Duraimurugan and Stalin were elected Treasurer and DMK chief unanimously, as announced by party secretary RS Bharathi yesterday.
As Stalin and Duraimurugan did not
withdraw their nominations and they were unopposed, they were finally elected
to the respective posts, and this will be made official with an announcement by
senior most member of DMK, general secretary Anbazhagan, said RS Bharathi.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam