New Delhi sources stated that the Congress claimed on Sunday the "ad hoc" policies of the BJP-led government at the centre has put the Indian economy in "dire straits", and took a dig at Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, saying writing blogs cannot increase investment. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala alleged the manner in which the Modi government has sought to "suppress 'back series'" of a report on the GDP and attempted to distort them, is now out in the open.
Surjewala said “Jaitleyji, your Govt has left our economy to dire straits and investment is in doldrums". Meanwhile the GDP Back Series Report 2011 was made public earlier this month. As per report the economy recorded a 10.08% growth rate in 2006-07 under then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the highest since liberalization of the economy in 1991. Furthermore the government has said the report was an unofficial document that has not been accepted by it and it has also said the report was at discussion stage and its acceptance will be based on wider consultation.
Moreover Surjewala also
claimed that the gross fixed capital formation as a per cent of GDP was 34.3%
in 2011-12. In 2013-14, he said, it was 31.3%, but in the past three years, it
has remained constant at 28.5% and has impacted growth. Further he said Jaitley
should know that the present government had inherited an economy that was on an
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue