New Delhi sources stated that the Congress claimed on Sunday the "ad hoc" policies of the BJP-led government at the centre has put the Indian economy in "dire straits", and took a dig at Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, saying writing blogs cannot increase investment. Meanwhile in a series of tweets, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala alleged the manner in which the Modi government has sought to "suppress 'back series'" of a report on the GDP and attempted to distort them, is now out in the open.
Surjewala said “Jaitleyji, your Govt has left our economy to dire straits and investment is in doldrums". Meanwhile the GDP Back Series Report 2011 was made public earlier this month. As per report the economy recorded a 10.08% growth rate in 2006-07 under then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the highest since liberalization of the economy in 1991. Furthermore the government has said the report was an unofficial document that has not been accepted by it and it has also said the report was at discussion stage and its acceptance will be based on wider consultation.
Moreover Surjewala also
claimed that the gross fixed capital formation as a per cent of GDP was 34.3%
in 2011-12. In 2013-14, he said, it was 31.3%, but in the past three years, it
has remained constant at 28.5% and has impacted growth. Further he said Jaitley
should know that the present government had inherited an economy that was on an
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections