New Delhi sources stated that in a strongly worded letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has raised concerns over what he described as an “agenda” to “change the nature and character” of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) and the Teen Murti complex. Furthermore when stating that Jawaharlal Nehru belongs “not just to the Congress” but to the “entire nation,” Singh has asked that the Teen Murti complex be left “undisturbed”.
Earlier Singh invoked former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and said that under Vajpayee’s six year tenure as PM, “there was absolutely no attempt made to change the nature and character of the NMML and the Teen Murti complex in any way, but sadly, that seems to be part of the agenda of the Government of India now.”
Moreover Singh’s letter comes amidst the
controversy surrounding the Government’s plans to set up a museum for all Prime
Ministers within the Teen Murti complex with the Congress alleging that it is
an attempt to “obliterate” Nehru’s legacy. Furthermore Singh wrote that NMML
“must remain a centre of first rate scholarship and professional excellence. Moreover
the museum itself must retain its primary focus on Jawaharlal Nehru and the
freedom movement because of his unique role having spent almost ten years in
jail between the early 1920s and mid-1940s.”
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees