Accordingly following the heavy rains and flooding that wreaked havoc in Kerala, scientists at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has released images which show the state before and after the devastation occurred. Reports added in the image, one can see the heavily impacted areas of Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha as well as the neighboring district of Kottayam as a sea of blue, showing the extent of the flooding. Meanwhile the first image was taken on February 6 this year, while the second was taken on August 22.
Further NASA’s Operational Land Imager (OLI) on the Landsat 8 satellite took the images on February 6, while the second image was taken by European Space Agency’s satellite, Sentinel-2 and moreover the image taken after the floods shows what NASA calls “false-color,” after the waters had flooded the state. Moreover false color images show images in a different manner than how normal photographs would make them appear.
Reports stated that stark contrast can be observed in the two images, with
the second one showing an alarming rate of flooding. Moreover the water level, represented
in a dark blue color, is shown covering the green lands in the second image. Previously
NASA had released a video which showed the severity of the rainfall and noted
that the Western Ghats, the position of which enhances rainfall along the west
coast of India. Hence following the heavy rains which rampaged the state, over
3 lakh people have been forced to relocate to relief camps, of which 1,093 have
been set up in the state.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other