According to sources Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) accused FabIndia of using its trademark ‘khadi’ illegally and demanded Rs 525 crore compensation in a legal notice. Meanwhile after KVIC moved the Bombay High Court over the issue on June 13, FabIndia, an apparel and home furnishings store, has now given an undertaking that it won’t be using the word ‘khadi’ in current or future products.
Moreover and if they do use the word, they will intimate KVIC about the same in advance, FabIndia counsel Janak Dwarkadas told the High Court. Accordingly FabIndia will also file its response to KVIC’s petition within four weeks, as per Justice SJ Kathawala’s directive. Meanwhile according to an unnamed lawyer quoted in a report, “Now, since the company has agreed not to use the term ‘Khadi’, the dispute about damage and compensation will commence.”
Previously KVIC had also issued a notice to
FabIndia in 2017, saying, "It is an illegal act and, in other words,
amounts to indulging in unfair trade practice." Furthermore KVIC had also
argued in earlier hearings at the Bombay High Court that FabIndia had continued
to misuse their trademark to sell their garments despite communication from
KVIC, including the legal notice, asking them not to do so. Recently a FabIndia
spokesperson had denied these allegations and called them ‘baseless’ and said
that any legal action by the KVIC will be defended by them 'vigorously'.
Tamilisai bats for TN CM! TN BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that there's no wrong in conducting a Yagam and has supported TN Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy. There was news that spread like wildfire yesterday that a Yagam was conducted in the room of Chief minister Edappadi Palanisamy located in the secretariat and that the arrangements for this Yagam were planned and prepared a day before itself.
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?