According to sources Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) accused FabIndia of using its trademark ‘khadi’ illegally and demanded Rs 525 crore compensation in a legal notice. Meanwhile after KVIC moved the Bombay High Court over the issue on June 13, FabIndia, an apparel and home furnishings store, has now given an undertaking that it won’t be using the word ‘khadi’ in current or future products.
Moreover and if they do use the word, they will intimate KVIC about the same in advance, FabIndia counsel Janak Dwarkadas told the High Court. Accordingly FabIndia will also file its response to KVIC’s petition within four weeks, as per Justice SJ Kathawala’s directive. Meanwhile according to an unnamed lawyer quoted in a report, “Now, since the company has agreed not to use the term ‘Khadi’, the dispute about damage and compensation will commence.”
Previously KVIC had also issued a notice to
FabIndia in 2017, saying, "It is an illegal act and, in other words,
amounts to indulging in unfair trade practice." Furthermore KVIC had also
argued in earlier hearings at the Bombay High Court that FabIndia had continued
to misuse their trademark to sell their garments despite communication from
KVIC, including the legal notice, asking them not to do so. Recently a FabIndia
spokesperson had denied these allegations and called them ‘baseless’ and said
that any legal action by the KVIC will be defended by them 'vigorously'.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers