According to sources Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) accused FabIndia of using its trademark ‘khadi’ illegally and demanded Rs 525 crore compensation in a legal notice. Meanwhile after KVIC moved the Bombay High Court over the issue on June 13, FabIndia, an apparel and home furnishings store, has now given an undertaking that it won’t be using the word ‘khadi’ in current or future products.
Moreover and if they do use the word, they will intimate KVIC about the same in advance, FabIndia counsel Janak Dwarkadas told the High Court. Accordingly FabIndia will also file its response to KVIC’s petition within four weeks, as per Justice SJ Kathawala’s directive. Meanwhile according to an unnamed lawyer quoted in a report, “Now, since the company has agreed not to use the term ‘Khadi’, the dispute about damage and compensation will commence.”
Previously KVIC had also issued a notice to
FabIndia in 2017, saying, "It is an illegal act and, in other words,
amounts to indulging in unfair trade practice." Furthermore KVIC had also
argued in earlier hearings at the Bombay High Court that FabIndia had continued
to misuse their trademark to sell their garments despite communication from
KVIC, including the legal notice, asking them not to do so. Recently a FabIndia
spokesperson had denied these allegations and called them ‘baseless’ and said
that any legal action by the KVIC will be defended by them 'vigorously'.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7