Accordingly the Ganesh Chaturthi puja and immersion festival began about 35 years ago, when the Hindu Munnani’s founder Ramagopalan, led the procession with a handful of men at Triplicane in the city. Meanwhile gradually, inspired by his initiative, the installation and immersion of Lord Ganesh became a movement throughout Tamilnadu.
Recently this year the Hindu Munnani has plans to install 1.25 lakh idols of Lord Ganesh for puja and immersion. Moreover nearly one lakh idols were installed last year in the state. Last year. Chennai saw 5,501 idols of varying sizes and hues and further this time too, the organizers have planned to display the same spirit.
Moreover after claiming that Mr. Ramagopalan launched the Ganesh Chaturthi
celebrations inspired by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, nationalist, social reformer and
freedom fighter, the memorandum said since the last ten years, rattled by the
growth of this desa bhakti and Deiva bhakti, the DMK and AIADMK governments
have been attempting to pose hurdles to curb this spirit. Further the GO, the
HM said making all idols with clay, restricting the height of the idols to 10
feet, take idols only in heavy vehicles for immersion and limiting the number
of persons traveling in such vehicles.
Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project? Chennai sources reported that the Madras high court has directed the state government not to precipitate any problem, pursuant to the proposed acquisition of land for the multi crore Chennai-Salem green corridor project. Accordingly Sivagnanasambandan, counsel appearing for the petitioner, submitted that four persons have been arrested in Cheyyar and the same has been reported in newspapers.
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur