Accordingly the Ganesh Chaturthi puja and immersion festival began about 35 years ago, when the Hindu Munnani’s founder Ramagopalan, led the procession with a handful of men at Triplicane in the city. Meanwhile gradually, inspired by his initiative, the installation and immersion of Lord Ganesh became a movement throughout Tamilnadu.
Recently this year the Hindu Munnani has plans to install 1.25 lakh idols of Lord Ganesh for puja and immersion. Moreover nearly one lakh idols were installed last year in the state. Last year. Chennai saw 5,501 idols of varying sizes and hues and further this time too, the organizers have planned to display the same spirit.
Moreover after claiming that Mr. Ramagopalan launched the Ganesh Chaturthi
celebrations inspired by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, nationalist, social reformer and
freedom fighter, the memorandum said since the last ten years, rattled by the
growth of this desa bhakti and Deiva bhakti, the DMK and AIADMK governments
have been attempting to pose hurdles to curb this spirit. Further the GO, the
HM said making all idols with clay, restricting the height of the idols to 10
feet, take idols only in heavy vehicles for immersion and limiting the number
of persons traveling in such vehicles.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours