Accordingly the Ganesh Chaturthi puja and immersion festival began about 35 years ago, when the Hindu Munnani’s founder Ramagopalan, led the procession with a handful of men at Triplicane in the city. Meanwhile gradually, inspired by his initiative, the installation and immersion of Lord Ganesh became a movement throughout Tamilnadu.
Recently this year the Hindu Munnani has plans to install 1.25 lakh idols of Lord Ganesh for puja and immersion. Moreover nearly one lakh idols were installed last year in the state. Last year. Chennai saw 5,501 idols of varying sizes and hues and further this time too, the organizers have planned to display the same spirit.
Moreover after claiming that Mr. Ramagopalan launched the Ganesh Chaturthi
celebrations inspired by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, nationalist, social reformer and
freedom fighter, the memorandum said since the last ten years, rattled by the
growth of this desa bhakti and Deiva bhakti, the DMK and AIADMK governments
have been attempting to pose hurdles to curb this spirit. Further the GO, the
HM said making all idols with clay, restricting the height of the idols to 10
feet, take idols only in heavy vehicles for immersion and limiting the number
of persons traveling in such vehicles.
Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi! DMK Chief MK Stalin had yesterday met the Congress senior leader Sonia Gandhi and wished her on eve of her birthday. Yesterday, the former leader of Congress, and the leader of United Progressive alliance, Sonia Gandhi had celebrated her birthday, and on this occasion, the DMK chief MK Stalin had visited Delhi, and went on to meet Sonia Gandhi and had a discussion with her.
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump