According to sources most school across Kerala reopened on Wednesday after a 10 day Onam break which coincided with the worst floods in a century that ravaged the state, turning many schools into refugee centres. Meanwhile hundreds of school students, many of whom were languishing in relief camps until the other day, returned to their classes for an emotional reunion with fellow students and teachers and in some cases to damaged school buildings.
Furthermore since August 9, Kerala witnessed unprecedented floods that left 1.4 million in over 3,000 relief camps, most of which were schools. Meanwhile the Education Minister C. Raveendranath, a former college professor, told the media on Wednesday that the floods had affected 650 schools and barring 211, all others had reopened. The Minister said "Today there will be no classes. Instead it will be more of an emotional counseling as a good number of these young minds have suffered on account of the rains and floods”.
Moreover many schools in Kuttanadu area in
Alappuzha district remained closed as a massive cleaning operation was on and however
in Idukki, one of the worst affected places, all the 458 schools reopened. An education
department official said "One school functioned from a nearby church hall.
It was only last evening that many of the schools were cleaned up". Further
in Kozhikode, there were relief camps in 160 schools and all of them are functioning.
Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates Accordingly Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal and deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia will be campaigning for AAP candidates in Telangana in first week of December. Meanwhile Burra Ramu Goud, AAP Telangana State convenor said, “Kejriwal will be campaigning in Telangana for the candidates but we are yet to get confirmation on the date of canvassing.
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP