According to sources most school across Kerala reopened on Wednesday after a 10 day Onam break which coincided with the worst floods in a century that ravaged the state, turning many schools into refugee centres. Meanwhile hundreds of school students, many of whom were languishing in relief camps until the other day, returned to their classes for an emotional reunion with fellow students and teachers and in some cases to damaged school buildings.
Furthermore since August 9, Kerala witnessed unprecedented floods that left 1.4 million in over 3,000 relief camps, most of which were schools. Meanwhile the Education Minister C. Raveendranath, a former college professor, told the media on Wednesday that the floods had affected 650 schools and barring 211, all others had reopened. The Minister said "Today there will be no classes. Instead it will be more of an emotional counseling as a good number of these young minds have suffered on account of the rains and floods”.
Moreover many schools in Kuttanadu area in
Alappuzha district remained closed as a massive cleaning operation was on and however
in Idukki, one of the worst affected places, all the 458 schools reopened. An education
department official said "One school functioned from a nearby church hall.
It was only last evening that many of the schools were cleaned up". Further
in Kozhikode, there were relief camps in 160 schools and all of them are functioning.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours