After a long gap of 2 years after demonetization, the reserve Bank of India has finally finished counting all the money that was received. The concluding reports of the demonetization process have been shocking. On November 8, 2016, in an unexpected manner, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had appeared on national television screens, and announced that the then existing 500 rupees and 1000 rupees notes have become invalid, and following this, people had been given deadlines to exchange their existing notes and get the newly printed notes.
People stood in long queues in Bank cash counters and in ATMs to get money and exchange money. This demonetization process had extended for several months, and many people had not got money during their needs and this demonetization process even lead to several deaths. While the demonetization process was announced as a means of eradicating black money from India, there were no reports on it later.
Now finally after counting all the
money received, the Reserve Bank of India has prepared a report. As per the
report, 15.44 lakh crores worth of notes were subjected to demonetization , and
of which only 15.31 lakh crores have been returned, which means, 99.3%notes
have returned to banks itself, and 13000 crores has not returned. Besides, the
demonetization money from Nepal and Bhutan are yet to be received. It must be
noted that in 2017 June 30, it was said that 15.28 lakh crores of money had
been returned, which amounted to 99%.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?