In Vaniyanthangal of Thiruvannamalai district, when people were cleaning a common well, a 12th-century Boomadevi statue was discovered. People had been involved in the cleaning of a society well in Vaniyanthangal of Thiruvannamalai district,
During this process, they got hold of a Boomadevi statue which measured one and a half feet height, and the statue was found with its right hand and leg damaged. After getting to know the information, district officials like Manoharan, Raja and Mathiyazhagan rushed to the place and seized the statue.
It was later placed in the Taluka office, As said by the archaeological department, the statue found in the well was that of Boomadevi, mother earth, and that it belongs to the 12th century. Since the hand and leg are damaged, they cannot be used for people to worship.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018