Washington sources reported that the US Justice Department accused Harvard University Thursday of discriminating against Asian applicants, ramping up the Trump administration's opposition to widespread policies seeking to manage racial balance among students. Accordingly the department filed a statement with Boston federal court endorsing a lawsuit by an Asian students group that charged prestigious university with preferring whites, blacks and Hispanics at the expense of more academically deserving Asians.
Meanwhile the move came two months after the Trump government announced it was cancelling the previous Obama administration's support for so-called "affirmative action" programs, by which universities seek to boost the numbers of under represented minorities, particularly Hispanics and African and Americans.
Recently Harvard moved in court to have the judge
rule without a jury trial, arguing that its admission of Asian and Americans
has risen 29% over the last decade and furthermore Harvard also said that in
the class of students entering the university this year, 22.7% were Asian and
American, 15.5% African and American, and 12.2% Hispanic. Moreover the Justice
Department opposes a summary ruling, saying Harvard has not proven its lack of
Who is the Baahubali of Telangana? According to sources, Telangana caretaker Deputy Chief Minister Kadiyam Srihari called caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) as the 'Baahubali of Telangana' in terms of the governance in the State. Meanwhile when addressing Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) workers in the premises of Kakatiya
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel