Bengaluru sources stated that Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy called on Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and sought Rs 1,118.40 crore financial assistance for the flood hit districts of Karnataka. Meanwhile in the meeting, the chief minister requested the Home Minister to release funds from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the state has witnessed huge damage in seven districts including Kodagu and Hassan due to floods and landslides.
Kumaraswamy told reporters after the meeting "About Rs 3,435.80 crore losses have been estimated. We have sought from the Government of India about Rs 1,118.40 crore relief". Moreover the Home Minister has assured early release of funds under the NDRF and would send a central team soon to assess the extent of damage.
Reports added that Kumaraswamy said that this
is in an interim proposal and a detailed one will be submitted later after the
survey is completed fully. Accordingly heavy rains had lashed out during
July 6-20 in Malnad and coastal districts and during August 6-20 in Kodagu and
parts of Dakshina districts, triggering flash floods and landslides. Moreover from
the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), the Karnataka government said in the
proposal that it has already released Rs 30 crore to Kodagu and Rs 19 crore to
Malnad and coastal districts for relief and rescue operations.
Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP As per report a day after Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy called for a “revolt” against the BJP in Karnataka, BJP MP Sadananda Gowda and a delegation of the party’s leaders met with Governor Vajubhai Vala and submitted a memorandum requesting legal action to be taken against him.
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!