Bengaluru sources stated that Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy called on Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and sought Rs 1,118.40 crore financial assistance for the flood hit districts of Karnataka. Meanwhile in the meeting, the chief minister requested the Home Minister to release funds from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the state has witnessed huge damage in seven districts including Kodagu and Hassan due to floods and landslides.
Kumaraswamy told reporters after the meeting "About Rs 3,435.80 crore losses have been estimated. We have sought from the Government of India about Rs 1,118.40 crore relief". Moreover the Home Minister has assured early release of funds under the NDRF and would send a central team soon to assess the extent of damage.
Reports added that Kumaraswamy said that this
is in an interim proposal and a detailed one will be submitted later after the
survey is completed fully. Accordingly heavy rains had lashed out during
July 6-20 in Malnad and coastal districts and during August 6-20 in Kodagu and
parts of Dakshina districts, triggering flash floods and landslides. Moreover from
the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), the Karnataka government said in the
proposal that it has already released Rs 30 crore to Kodagu and Rs 19 crore to
Malnad and coastal districts for relief and rescue operations.
Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon Sources from Ooty stated that the Nilgiris district administration has taken steps to desilt the sprawling lake spread over 65 acres here, a popular tourist attraction for boat rides and tourism fun, to slowly help it become a fresh water lake in future. Meanwhile it is a known fact that this near two century year’s old famed lake is pool of mixture of drainage and sewage as over the centuries, unplanned
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!