Accordingly as per forwarded messages on WhatsApp and other similar messaging platforms and social media posts claiming banks will be closed during the period of September 2- September 9 are false, said the central government. Meanwhile after the messages claiming that bank workers will go on strike over the first week of September went viral and created panic across the country, the Press Information Bureau tweeted that banks will remain open on all days except Sunday in most states.
Meanwhile in a graphic attached to the same tweet, PIB said that banks will remain open and activity will continue unimpeded in the first week of September. As per report it added that banks will remain open on all days except September 2 which is a Sunday and September 8 which is a second Saturday. Moreover it further stated that September 3 (Janmashtami) is not a closed holiday across the country and services will be affected only in those states in which it is a declared holiday.
Further more importantly, ATMs and online
transactions across the country will continue to function normally during this
period and the central government’s clarification comes after the bank unions
also clarified that the messages going around are a hoax. National Organization
of Bank Workers Vice President Ashwani Rana told "The message going around
in the social media that banks will be closed for six days in the first week of
September due to holidays and bank strike is not correct".
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018