Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin will chair a meeting of party district secretaries, MPs and MLAs here on September 8, focusing specifically on party development. As per the meeting, the first to be chaired by Stalin after he took over as party chief on August 28, assumes significance for various factors like the demand of his estranged brother M K Alagiri to re-admit him and his supporters into the DMK.
Accordingly Madurai based Alagiri is set to hold a rally touted to be a show of strength by his loyalists in the Temple City on Sept. 5 to pay homage to his late father and former Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. Moreover the by-polls to the two Assembly constituencies due to the recent deaths of sitting legislators; DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi (Tiruvarur) and AIADMK MLA A.K. Bose (Thirupparankundram) and civic polls are set to come up for discussion during the meeting.
Furthermore local body elections are expected in Tamilnadu in view of the
State Election Commission apprising the Madras High Court last month that it
could notify polls within three months from the day the government accepted its
delimitation proposal. Hence preparations needed for the Lok Sabha election
next year are also likely to be discussed by the party. Moreover a party
release by DMK General Secretary K Anbazhagan called upon the district
secretaries, MPs (Rajya Sabha) and MLAs to take part in the meet without fail.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party