Chennai sources stated that DMK president M K Stalin will chair a meeting of party district secretaries, MPs and MLAs here on September 8, focusing specifically on party development. As per the meeting, the first to be chaired by Stalin after he took over as party chief on August 28, assumes significance for various factors like the demand of his estranged brother M K Alagiri to re-admit him and his supporters into the DMK.
Accordingly Madurai based Alagiri is set to hold a rally touted to be a show of strength by his loyalists in the Temple City on Sept. 5 to pay homage to his late father and former Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. Moreover the by-polls to the two Assembly constituencies due to the recent deaths of sitting legislators; DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi (Tiruvarur) and AIADMK MLA A.K. Bose (Thirupparankundram) and civic polls are set to come up for discussion during the meeting.
Furthermore local body elections are expected in Tamilnadu in view of the
State Election Commission apprising the Madras High Court last month that it
could notify polls within three months from the day the government accepted its
delimitation proposal. Hence preparations needed for the Lok Sabha election
next year are also likely to be discussed by the party. Moreover a party
release by DMK General Secretary K Anbazhagan called upon the district
secretaries, MPs (Rajya Sabha) and MLAs to take part in the meet without fail.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code