With the rains reducing and floods subsiding, Kerala is slowly returning to normalcy and now Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan has accused Tamilnadu as the reason behind the Kerala floods. Pinarayi Vijayan has said that when the height of water in Mulla Periyar dam was at 139 Feet had Tamilnadu opened water step by step, they could have also opened Idukki dam step by step but Tamilnadu has opened at 142 feet, and this lead to floods in Kerala, at the Supreme Court.
However this wasn't right as even when the height was 138 feet, Kerala's Ernakulam and Aluva were flooded badly, and it was Idukki water release that lead to huge flood and that Tamilnadu not opening mulla Periyar at that time actually had saved Kerala. Even Kerala opposition leader Ramesh chennithala had accused Kerala government of opening all dams and to escape these accusations they are blaming Tamilnadu now.
It must be noted that TN had fought
a legal battle for years to store 142 feet water at Mulla Periyar but it was
reduced to 139 as Kerala cited Floods and now they've blamed Tamilnadu for the
recent floods as well.
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG