Accordingly for almost three weeks, the Ekalavya Model Residential School for Indian tribals at Pookode in Wayanad became home to 20 tribal families from Anamala, an uphill area that was sealed off by the government, following landslides in the region on August 8. Meanwhile the high school building, where the residents are put up, is equipped with basic necessities. Furthermore the desks are turned into makeshift beds, ropes hang across the classroom to dry clothes and toilets at the school have turned into bathrooms.
Bindu (39), who lives in the camp "We reached the camp on August 9 and last week, seven families have moved out of this camp and so they were allotted land to set up their tents on a parcel of land owned by Navodaya Vidyalaya. The rest of us are waiting to be assigned land”. Moreover the landslide forced the tribal community to bid farewell to their homes forever, as the prospects of going back are close to nil.
Bindu's mother, Leela
(60) told "The colony is still cut off from the mainland as mud and rocks
have not been cleared. Some of us wanted to go back and bring back some basic
items such as vessels and clothes, but the Collectorate has issued an order,
prohibiting us from going back as it is dangerous. The Revenue Department has
even promised us a few cents of land nearby to set up new houses after we leave
Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia Hyderabad sources added that five youngsters from the city who were sent to Malaysia by two manpower consultancy agencies were left stranded there, following which their parents appealed to the ministry of external affairs for help on Friday. Meanwhile MBT Leader Amjedullah Khan said that the
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months