New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the payments bank of Indian postal department that will take banking to doorstep of every citizen through an unmatched network of post offices and almost 3 lakh postmen and 'Grameen Dak Sewaks'. Accordingly Indian Post Payment Bank (IPPB) will be like any other banks but its operations will be on a smaller scale without involving any credit risk and moreover it will carry out most banking operations like accepting deposits but can't advance loans or issue credit cards.
Meanwhile the freshly minted payments bank will accept deposits of up to Rs. 1 lakh, offer remittance services, mobile payments/transfers/purchases and other banking services like ATM/debit cards, net banking and third party fund transfers. Moreover Communications Minister Manoj Sinha said IPPB will be available through 650 branches and 3,250 access points. He said “Deposits in any account that exceed Rs. 1 lakh will be automatically converted into post office savings account”.
government owns 100% in IPPB, which has been set up under the aegis of the
Department of Posts, and will offer products and services through multiple
channels such as counter services, micro ATMs, mobile banking app, messages and
interactive voice response.
Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans! TN BJP leader Tamilisai Soundararajan was in Tirupur for an event where hundreds of Thala Ajith fans joined BJP, saying that Thala fans must spread about the welfare plans and policies of PM Narendra Modi. Till now BJP has not made any alliance plans with political parties in Lok Sabha elections while political experts are saying that AIADMK might also not join BJP alliance.
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!