According to sources Vanessa Marquez, an actress who had a recurring role in the hit TV series "ER," was fatally shot by police as she waved what turned out to be a BB gun. Sergeant Joe Mendoza, of the LA Sheriff's Department said “Officers had gone to her home in the Los Angeles suburb of Pasadena on Thursday to conduct a welfare check when the 49 year old Vanessa Marquez grabbed what looked like a handgun and pointed it at officers”.
Meanwhile he said after the incident "officers checked the weapon and they discovered it was a BB type gun that resembled a semi-automatic handgun." Furthermore Mendoza said Vanessa Marquez's landlord had called police to check on her and when officers arrived she appeared to be having a seizure. Reports added the officers and a mental health clinician spoke with Vanessa Marquez "for over an hour and a half in an attempt to offer her medical care."
He said "She then armed herself with a handgun and pointed it at the officers;
at which time an officer involved shooting occurred”. Further Vanessa Marquez
played Nurse Wendy Goldman on "ER" from 1994 to 1997 and also
appeared on several other shows including "Seinfeld" and Melrose
Place." Previously she made headlines after accusing "ER"
co-star George Clooney of blacklisting her from the hit show for speaking out
about sexual harassment and racial discrimination.
Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives? New Delhi sources reported that part of a Rs 9,400-crore package for electric and hybrid vehicles, the government may offer incentives of up to Rs 2.5 lakh to those scrapping old petrol- or diesel-fired vehicles along with sops for investment to manufacture parts such as motors in the country. Meanwhile the buyers of electric two-wheelers that cost up to Rs 1.5 lakh will get incentives of around Rs 30,000, a draft policy formulated by the government has proposed.
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi