Sources from Madurai stated that Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri on Sunday said he would go ahead with the proposed September 5 rally in Chennai, touted as a show of strength by his supporters. He told "He is Thalaivar's late DMK Chief M Karunanidhi son, so he will do what he said," and when asked about the silent rally proposed by him to pay homage to his father, who died on August 7.Meanwhile, he refused to respond to a query on the party's silence to his request to readmit him.
Meanwhile earlier Alagiri, who has been claiming since Karunanidhi's death that loyal party workers were with him, had said the DMK, would face threat after his rally. As per report Alagiri had expressed his willingness to accept DMK president M K Stalin's leadership with a rider to readmit him into the party.
Moreover the former union minister has been in political hibernation since
his expulsion from the party in 2014 by Karunanidhi. Furthermore as per report
he was sacked at the height of his fight with Stalin over establishing
supremacy in the party.
Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families? Washington sources reported that a legislation seeking to stop the Trump administration from revoking the work authorization of spouses of H1-B visa holders, which include Indians, has been introduced in the US Congress by two lawmakers. Accordingly they said eliminating this benefit would force many foreign workers to use their talent to compete against American businesses.
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?