As per report earlier in 2017, S Anitha killed herself after her dreams of becoming a doctor were crushed because she was unable to clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Meanwhile a year later, her family has now built a library in her memory in Kuzhumur village in Ariyalur district and the library was unveiled on Saturday the first anniversary of Anitha’s death.
Accordingly the library has been built at a cost of Rs 45 lakh. It was inaugurated by the President of Dravidar Kazhagam K Veeramani and Thol Thirumavalavan, the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi leader. Moreover it was built using the money given to the family by various political parties and other organizations after her death and it has around 2,500 books in it. As per report after the inauguration, K Veeramani said that Anitha had fought for an exemption from NEET until her last breath.
Further Thirumavalavan addressed the gathering and said that NEET has made marks unimportant and that it shattered the ambitions of many students who dream of pursuing MBBS. He said “Anitha was a Dalit girl, the daughter of a daily wage laborer, who scored extremely well in her 12th board exams, but she failed to make the cut in NEET, and unable to take the disappointment over not getting a medical seat, she killed herself on September 1, 2017 and hence the Supreme Court had on August 22 ordered the Tamilnadu government to begin medical admissions based on NEET.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections