As per report earlier in 2017, S Anitha killed herself after her dreams of becoming a doctor were crushed because she was unable to clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Meanwhile a year later, her family has now built a library in her memory in Kuzhumur village in Ariyalur district and the library was unveiled on Saturday the first anniversary of Anitha’s death.
Accordingly the library has been built at a cost of Rs 45 lakh. It was inaugurated by the President of Dravidar Kazhagam K Veeramani and Thol Thirumavalavan, the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi leader. Moreover it was built using the money given to the family by various political parties and other organizations after her death and it has around 2,500 books in it. As per report after the inauguration, K Veeramani said that Anitha had fought for an exemption from NEET until her last breath.
Further Thirumavalavan addressed the gathering and said that NEET has made marks unimportant and that it shattered the ambitions of many students who dream of pursuing MBBS. He said “Anitha was a Dalit girl, the daughter of a daily wage laborer, who scored extremely well in her 12th board exams, but she failed to make the cut in NEET, and unable to take the disappointment over not getting a medical seat, she killed herself on September 1, 2017 and hence the Supreme Court had on August 22 ordered the Tamilnadu government to begin medical admissions based on NEET.
Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP? Reportedly Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and DMK chief MK Stalin have become embroiled in a war of words over Yanam, one of the four districts in the union territory. Previously Stalin accused the Lt Governor of attempting to give an island belonging to the district over to Andhra Pradesh. Kiran Bedi has responded to the allegations stating that she had personally seen 'gross environmental
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings