As per report earlier in 2017, S Anitha killed herself after her dreams of becoming a doctor were crushed because she was unable to clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Meanwhile a year later, her family has now built a library in her memory in Kuzhumur village in Ariyalur district and the library was unveiled on Saturday the first anniversary of Anitha’s death.
Accordingly the library has been built at a cost of Rs 45 lakh. It was inaugurated by the President of Dravidar Kazhagam K Veeramani and Thol Thirumavalavan, the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi leader. Moreover it was built using the money given to the family by various political parties and other organizations after her death and it has around 2,500 books in it. As per report after the inauguration, K Veeramani said that Anitha had fought for an exemption from NEET until her last breath.
Further Thirumavalavan addressed the gathering and said that NEET has made marks unimportant and that it shattered the ambitions of many students who dream of pursuing MBBS. He said “Anitha was a Dalit girl, the daughter of a daily wage laborer, who scored extremely well in her 12th board exams, but she failed to make the cut in NEET, and unable to take the disappointment over not getting a medical seat, she killed herself on September 1, 2017 and hence the Supreme Court had on August 22 ordered the Tamilnadu government to begin medical admissions based on NEET.
How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan? Chennai sources stated that in an interesting turn of events, a Chennai resident received a Swiggy order all the way from Rajasthan. Meanwhile the Chennai based customer had given an order on Sunday and when he checked the app to track his order, he found out that the delivery executive is coming all the way from Rajasthan.
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again