New Delhi sources stated that after hitting back at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his remarks on loans given during the UPA rule, former Finance Minister P Chidambaram asked the NDA government to reveal the number of loans given by it which turned into non-performing assets (NPA). Meanwhile in a series of tweets, the senior Congress leader also questioned why the present dispensation did not recall those loans, given by the previous government, which turned bad.
He asked “How many loans and how much that was given after May 2014 has become non-performing assets?". Moreover Chidambaram said this question was asked in Parliament but there was no answer so far and as per report Modi government had assumed charge in May 2014. Meanwhile when addressing an event, the Prime Minister on Saturday blamed the Congress led UPA government for NPAs, saying action has been initiated against 12 large defaulters with a debt of nearly Rs 1.75 crore, who were given loans before 2014.
Furthermore Modi said work has been on to recover around Rs 1 lakh crore
from another 27 large loan accounts. Finally Chidambaram said even if it was
assumed that the Prime Minister was right when he said that loans given under
the UPA have turned bad, how many of those loans were renewed or rolled over
under the present NDA government?
A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules Washington sources reported that a judge in California partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules that allow employers to opt out of providing health insurance that covers women's birth control from taking effect. Meanwhile US District Judge Haywood Gilliam in Oakland granted a request by 14 Democratic attorneys general for a preliminary injunction.
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?
- International Youth Leadership Conference to be inaugurated by Anna Hazare
- CM Yogi Adithyanath confident about BJPs performance in 2019