According to sources Music composer AR Rahman on Sunday pledged Rs 1 crore for relief efforts in Kerala, which faced its worst rain and floods in the past 100 years. Meanwhile the composer took to twitter to announce that he and his team of artists have donated the money to the Kerala Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). He tweeted “From his artistes and touring the USA, to our brothers and sisters of Kerala! May this small offering help in providing you some relief!”.
Presently Rahman is on a concert tour in the United States of America and made this announcement after his show in Washington. Meanwhile he will be back in India on September 5 for the music launch of Mani Ratnam’s latest release Chekka Chivantha Vaanam, where he will be performing the songs live.
Furthermore several celebrities have done their bit
to help Kerala get back on its feet. Actors like Mammooty, Mohanlal,
Nayanthara, Karthi, Keerthi Suresh, Raghava Lawrence, Vijay, Dhanush, Suriya
etc. have donated to the CM’s relief fund. Further till August 31, the CM’s
relief fund had collected over Rs 1,000 crore in the form of donations.
Moreover the website is being updated real time and for those with concerns
about how the government is utilizing the funds received so far, the website
has a page stating the transparency rules.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code