According to sources Music composer AR Rahman on Sunday pledged Rs 1 crore for relief efforts in Kerala, which faced its worst rain and floods in the past 100 years. Meanwhile the composer took to twitter to announce that he and his team of artists have donated the money to the Kerala Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). He tweeted “From his artistes and touring the USA, to our brothers and sisters of Kerala! May this small offering help in providing you some relief!”.
Presently Rahman is on a concert tour in the United States of America and made this announcement after his show in Washington. Meanwhile he will be back in India on September 5 for the music launch of Mani Ratnam’s latest release Chekka Chivantha Vaanam, where he will be performing the songs live.
Furthermore several celebrities have done their bit
to help Kerala get back on its feet. Actors like Mammooty, Mohanlal,
Nayanthara, Karthi, Keerthi Suresh, Raghava Lawrence, Vijay, Dhanush, Suriya
etc. have donated to the CM’s relief fund. Further till August 31, the CM’s
relief fund had collected over Rs 1,000 crore in the form of donations.
Moreover the website is being updated real time and for those with concerns
about how the government is utilizing the funds received so far, the website
has a page stating the transparency rules.
Heavy rains expected yesterday as well! The Meteorological Department of Chennai has said that there will be heavy rains today in Chennai and Pondicherry. Right from Sunday noon, there have been heavy and unstoppable rains in parts of Chennai and various parts of Tamilnadu, in a constant manner, and in Chennai especially, last two nights were filled with heavy rainfall, throughout the night, continuing till next morning.
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam