According to sources Music composer AR Rahman on Sunday pledged Rs 1 crore for relief efforts in Kerala, which faced its worst rain and floods in the past 100 years. Meanwhile the composer took to twitter to announce that he and his team of artists have donated the money to the Kerala Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund (CMDRF). He tweeted “From his artistes and touring the USA, to our brothers and sisters of Kerala! May this small offering help in providing you some relief!”.
Presently Rahman is on a concert tour in the United States of America and made this announcement after his show in Washington. Meanwhile he will be back in India on September 5 for the music launch of Mani Ratnam’s latest release Chekka Chivantha Vaanam, where he will be performing the songs live.
Furthermore several celebrities have done their bit
to help Kerala get back on its feet. Actors like Mammooty, Mohanlal,
Nayanthara, Karthi, Keerthi Suresh, Raghava Lawrence, Vijay, Dhanush, Suriya
etc. have donated to the CM’s relief fund. Further till August 31, the CM’s
relief fund had collected over Rs 1,000 crore in the form of donations.
Moreover the website is being updated real time and for those with concerns
about how the government is utilizing the funds received so far, the website
has a page stating the transparency rules.
Hike in salary of Police officials by Karnataka Govt Reportedly the Karnataka government on Tuesday partially accepted the terms set in the Raghavendra Auradkar Committee report, which recommended pay hikes and promotions for police staff. Earlier in 2016, a committee headed by Raghavendra Auradkar, the then ADGP (Recruitment and Training), had recommended a hike in salary for police personnel. Furthermore the report was prepared after police
- Why Mudragada is silent now?
- Govt wants a suitable buyer for Air India
- TTD Chairman planned to serve people by spending money from his pocket
- VMRDA new Chairman thanked CM Jagan
- Importance of filing Income tax, Filing Last date July 31
- Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP?
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?