According to sources Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi supported the move of Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) in the ongoing controversy over filling 50 MBBS seats in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science (PIMS) and urged the medical aspirants and parents not to fall prey in any trap on the issue of medical admissions. Meanwhile PIMS had already completed admission by August 31 as per the deadline set by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Recently the controversy started after Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) cancelled the scheduled counseling on September 3, allowing the institution to fill the 50 seats (17 seats under government quota and 33 under management quota) from 1:10 merit list furnished by Centac on August 31.
Meanwhile the students who were waiting for admission under the government
quota raised complaints that they had no information on the counseling and
admission. Furthermore the Lt Governor, on the other hand, supported the
decision of Centac and said that PIMS is bound by the list of Centac and should
follow the merit list given by CENTAC for admission. Ms Bedi said “No list is
valid until it is approved by Centac and MCI and the list is to be vetted and
submitted by Centac to MCI. Centac will verify if students were contacted by
PIMS for admission and did not do a pick and choose”.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?