According to sources Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi supported the move of Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) in the ongoing controversy over filling 50 MBBS seats in Pondicherry Institute of Medical Science (PIMS) and urged the medical aspirants and parents not to fall prey in any trap on the issue of medical admissions. Meanwhile PIMS had already completed admission by August 31 as per the deadline set by Medical Council of India (MCI).
Recently the controversy started after Centralized Admission Committee (Centac) cancelled the scheduled counseling on September 3, allowing the institution to fill the 50 seats (17 seats under government quota and 33 under management quota) from 1:10 merit list furnished by Centac on August 31.
Meanwhile the students who were waiting for admission under the government
quota raised complaints that they had no information on the counseling and
admission. Furthermore the Lt Governor, on the other hand, supported the
decision of Centac and said that PIMS is bound by the list of Centac and should
follow the merit list given by CENTAC for admission. Ms Bedi said “No list is
valid until it is approved by Centac and MCI and the list is to be vetted and
submitted by Centac to MCI. Centac will verify if students were contacted by
PIMS for admission and did not do a pick and choose”.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million