Bhopal sources stated that Congress ticket aspirants in Madhya Pradesh will be evaluated on their use of social media with the state Congress sending a missive that they should have a Facebook page with 15,000 likes, Twitter account with 5,000 followers and WhatsApp group of booth workers in their neighborhood. Accordingly the directions have been conveyed by the state Congress in a letter which refers to steps being taken by the Congress to improve its social media outreach.
Meanwhile the letter says that aspirants for party tickets in the Assembly polls later this year will be evaluated for their use of social media and it also spells out the criteria for judging the activeness in using social media. The letter said "Having Facebook page and twitter account is mandatory. Being active on WhatsApp is mandatory and it is mandatory to have 15,000 likes on the Facebook page, 5,000 followers on Twitter and having a WhatsApp group of booth members in the neighborhood”.
Moreover Party spokesperson Shobha Oza said that social media activity was
not the only criteria for ticket selection but the party wants those contesting
the election to use it extensively. Shobha said social media was used by the Bharatiya
Janata Party (BJP) in the last election to take its "jumlas" to the
people and the party could not counter it effectively.
PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office has said he had visited Odisha and poll bound Chhattisgarh yesterday and launched several projects in the states. Meanwhile he had unveiled a plaque to mark the commencement of work for the revival of Talcher fertilizer plant in Odisha and this is the first plant in India to have a coal classification based fertilizer unit.
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections