Chennai sources stated that not just the Chinese gadgets or toys that is flooding the Indian market, Chinese find India an ideal destination for leisure travel, more so due to the diverse attractions the country offers. Meanwhile from seekers of knowledge since the times of Fa-Hien, Hiuan-Tsang and I-Tsing, the modern travelers from China are more attracted to India’s local cuisine, rich history and heritage.
Accordingly traditional handlooms, craft and shopping markets make India an appealing destination. Furthermore India’s picturesque towns replete with natural beauty (62%), indigenous local food (49%) and vibrant local culture (40%) found their way to most Selfie worthy moments for Chinese travelers when exploring India, according to Chinese International Travel Monitor (CITM), a report by Hotels.com to understand the Chinese traveler trends.
Johan Svanstrom, President, Hotels.com said “We know from the CITM report
that Chinese travelers feel comfortable and most welcome in destinations when
shop assistants speak Mandarin, Chinese mobile wallet is accepted, and there is
signage they can understand”. Moreover another important aspect in mapping the
growth of Chinese tourist traveling in India, as per another study, is to
identify the places they find fascinating.
Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai Chennai sources stated that the cyclonic storm 'Gaja' is set to make landfall between Cuddalore and Pamban today evening bringing heavy rainfall to Tamilnadu. Accordingly over 30,000 rescue personnel have been kept on standby by the state government. District collectors of Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Pudukottai, Nagapattinam, Cuddalore and Ramanathapuram have declared a holiday for schools and colleges today.
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?