Just as the creation of Ganesha has different stories, there are numerous stories revolving around the initiation and the way in which the festival is celebrated. There are different versions over how the festival began getting celebrated and few believe that it was initiated during the Maratha warrior king Chatrapati Shivaji and is celebrated from then.
Later there were not many celebrations, until the popular freedom fighter Lokmanya Tilak reintroduced the festival we celebrate today. The birth festival of Lord Ganesha, Ganesh Chathurthi, is observed during Bhadra month between mid August / September and this year the celebration will happen between August 25 and September 5. Prior to the festival, clay models of Lord Ganesha are made and painted, and decorated and worshipped for 10 days.
The procession begins from 11th day and people dance and sing prayers worshiping their deity's idol, and then the idol will be taken to water bodies and immersed. The immersion indirectly means the merging of Parvati and Shiva into Ganesha.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20