Usually every year before the advent of Ganesh Chaturthi, mithai shops and devotees get busy preparing one of Ganesha's favorite sweets known as the Modak. His immense love for modaks has also earned him the title of 'Modapriya'.
Although an array of fresh and seasonal fruits are offered to Lord Ganesha as bhog, the elephant headed God's love for bananas is no surprise. People also offer garlands made with banana leaves along with the stem of the banana plant and banana flowers.
Out of all the varieties of laddus, the bright orange Motichoor Laddu is his favorite and is often served as prasad. On the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, a lot of sweet shops sell these bright colored laddus that are offered as prasad after the pooja.
Durva Grass is a plant with three blades and is known to have immense power to attract Lord Ganesha's energy. 21 blades of Durva grass are tied together, dipped in holy water and then offered at the deity's feet.
Lord Shiva offered Kubera a handful of roasted rice and asked him to serve it to Ganesha with utmost love and devotion. Lord Kubera did as he was told and after eating just a handful of roasted rice Lord Ganesha's hunger was finally suppressed and so therefore, puffed rice is offered to Lord Ganesha.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?