Usually every year before the advent of Ganesh Chaturthi, mithai shops and devotees get busy preparing one of Ganesha's favorite sweets known as the Modak. His immense love for modaks has also earned him the title of 'Modapriya'.
Although an array of fresh and seasonal fruits are offered to Lord Ganesha as bhog, the elephant headed God's love for bananas is no surprise. People also offer garlands made with banana leaves along with the stem of the banana plant and banana flowers.
Out of all the varieties of laddus, the bright orange Motichoor Laddu is his favorite and is often served as prasad. On the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, a lot of sweet shops sell these bright colored laddus that are offered as prasad after the pooja.
Durva Grass is a plant with three blades and is known to have immense power to attract Lord Ganesha's energy. 21 blades of Durva grass are tied together, dipped in holy water and then offered at the deity's feet.
Lord Shiva offered Kubera a handful of roasted rice and asked him to serve it to Ganesha with utmost love and devotion. Lord Kubera did as he was told and after eating just a handful of roasted rice Lord Ganesha's hunger was finally suppressed and so therefore, puffed rice is offered to Lord Ganesha.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam