Qatar amended its residency laws on Tuesday to allow foreign workers to leave the country without exit permits from their employers, a provision which labor rights groups have long said should be abolished. Accordingly Doha is keen to show it is tackling allegations of worker exploitation as it prepares to host the 2022 soccer World Cup, which it has presented as a showcase of its progress and development.
Meanwhile most migrant workers would be able to leave the country without having to obtain permits from their employers under the law, said the International Labor Organization in a statement via its Doha office. As per report the ILO hailed the move as a "significant step" for gas rich Qatar, which committed last year to introducing sweeping labour reforms, including changes to the exit visa system.
Houtan Homayounpour, the head of the ILO office in Doha, which was set up
in April said "The ILO welcomes the enactment of Law No. 13, which will
have a direct and positive impact on the lives of migrant workers in Qatar”. Moreover
the official Qatar News Agency confirmed the adoption of Law No. 13, saying it
amended "certain provisions" of previous laws regulating the entry,
exit and residency of expatriates. Further it did not specify which provisions
or offer details on the changes.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?