Qatar amended its residency laws on Tuesday to allow foreign workers to leave the country without exit permits from their employers, a provision which labor rights groups have long said should be abolished. Accordingly Doha is keen to show it is tackling allegations of worker exploitation as it prepares to host the 2022 soccer World Cup, which it has presented as a showcase of its progress and development.
Meanwhile most migrant workers would be able to leave the country without having to obtain permits from their employers under the law, said the International Labor Organization in a statement via its Doha office. As per report the ILO hailed the move as a "significant step" for gas rich Qatar, which committed last year to introducing sweeping labour reforms, including changes to the exit visa system.
Houtan Homayounpour, the head of the ILO office in Doha, which was set up
in April said "The ILO welcomes the enactment of Law No. 13, which will
have a direct and positive impact on the lives of migrant workers in Qatar”. Moreover
the official Qatar News Agency confirmed the adoption of Law No. 13, saying it
amended "certain provisions" of previous laws regulating the entry,
exit and residency of expatriates. Further it did not specify which provisions
or offer details on the changes.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant