Chennai sources stated that nearly a month after the death of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi, his elder son and expelled party leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday organized a silent march to his father's memorial at Marina Beach in Chennai to assert power in DMK. Meanwhile when challenging his younger brother and DMK chief MK Stalin, Alagiri who was accompanied by his supporters, claimed that majority of Karunanidhi’s followers are with him.
He was seen dressed in black, to condole Karunanidhi's death, the rally began from Triplicane and no public meeting or speeches are planned. Meanwhile after walking for a while, Alagiri hopped on to an open van, waving enthusiastically to cheer his cadres. Accordingly the expelled leader's followers from various districts held banners, which read "karam korpom kazhagam kappom,' (let us join hands and guard the party).
Furthermore Alagiri was expelled from DMK in 2014 for ‘anti-party
activities’ after he openly rebelled against his father for projecting his
brother as his successor. Further Alagiri had said that he would not accept
anybody but Karunanidhi as his leader. Moreover Alagiri claimed that he would
have over one lakh people in his march, which is widely being seen as a show of
strength by the rebel leader, where at least 1,000 police personnel have been
deployed along the route where Alagiri and his supporters will hold the rally
Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches Accordingly affluent AC passengers are the prime suspects as over 21 lakh towels, bed sheets, blankets and other items went missing from air-conditioned coaches during 2017-18. As official said “The passengers are suspected to have made off with precisely 21,72,246 "bedroll items" including 12,83,415 hand towels, 4,71,077 bed sheets and 3,14,952 pillow covers from trains across the country
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!