One day Parvati posted Ganesha on guard duty at the door. Parvati ordered Ganesha not to allow anyone to enter the house. After a while, Shiva came home. Even after telling him that he is the husband of Parvati, Ganesha didn't allow him to enter inside. Shiva got angry and cut off the head of Ganesha and threw it away using his trident.
When Parvati knew this, she became furious and decided to destroy the entire Creation. Lord Brahma, being the creator, pleaded that she reconsiders her plan. She agreed but with two conditions one, that Ganesha be brought back to life and two, that he be forever worshiped before all the other gods.
Lord Shiva sent Brahma to bring the head of the first creature
he crosses with its head facing north. Brahma soon returned with the head of a
strong and powerful elephant, which Shiva fixed onto Ganesha's body. Breathing
new life into him, Shiva declared Ganesha to be his elder son and made him
chief of his army and Shiva gave him the status of being foremost among the
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries