Washington sources reported that the Trump administration is seeking to initiate steps against social media companies for allegedly stifling free exchange of ideas and hurting competition. Meanwhile the Department of Justice said US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has convened a meeting of the state attorney general’s in this regard.
The department's spokesman Devin O'Malley said "The attorney general has convened a meeting with a number of state attorneys general this month to discuss a growing concern that these companies may be hurting competition and intentionally stifling the free exchange of ideas on their platforms". Furthermore the Justice Department has listened to the senate intelligence committee hearing on social media.
Reports added that social media platforms find
themselves caught between some policy makers arguing that they have a moral and
legal obligation to remove legal, but offensive, content, and others who are
calling for these companies to be punished for censoring some of this extreme
political speech, ITIF vice president Daniel Castro claimed. Moreover he said
social media platforms have the right to determine what type of legal speeches
they will permit on their platforms "It is inappropriate for the federal
government to use the threat of law enforcement to limit companies from
exercising this right.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees