Chennai sources stated that MK Alagiri had led a rally of supporters to pay homage to his father Karunanidhi at his resting place on the Marina. Meanwhile the 'mammoth' show of strength turned out to be a damp squib as the turnout fell far short of the promised one lakh followers and the rally only ended up showing on the TV screens the mercurial mood swings of the Madurai 'challenger' as he angrily pushed his men off him during the procession and snapped at reporters when they flung a couple of hurried questions at its close.
Meanwhile one of those questions was about the DMK leadership suspending 'Indiranagar' Ravi from the party after he turned up for his (Alagiri) airport reception when he arrived from his hometown Madurai on Monday. Alagiri said “There were 1.5 lakh people in his rally and he questioned will they expel them all (from the DMK)?” thereby making two tall claims that there were 1.5 lakh people in the rally, and, all those at Marina were DMK members flaunting their loyalty to him.
A DMK senior said “It’s just you, the media, who are excited about
Alagiri, his pronouncements and now this rally. We did not feel even a tiny
ripple of a pebble dropping”. Moreover he requested anonymity “because Thalapathi
(Stalin) has advised them against speaking about Alagiri, who is not a member
of our party”.
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india