Most often, Ganesha is shown riding on or attended by a mouse, shrew or rat. The rat began to appear as the principal vehicle in sculptures of Ganesha in central and western India during the 7th century and was always placed close to his feet.
The mouse as a mount first appears in written sources in the Matsya Purana and later in the Brahmananda Purana and Ganesha Purana, where Ganesha uses it as his vehicle only in his last incarnation. The Ganapati Atharvashirsa includes a meditation verse on Ganesha that describes the mouse appearing on his flag.
Another belief is that Lord Ganesha is able to go into nooks and corners
of the world and do his job as the Destroyer of Obstacles because his vehicle
is a mouse, who basically can slither through tiny holes and narrow pathways,
even in the darkness of night. This gives the quality of all pervasiveness to Ganesha.
CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir According to sources at least 30 jawans of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were martyred in a vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) attack in Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir. As per report the death toll is feared to be raised. Dreaded terrorist outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver
- Is there any delay in conducting 3rd season of Telugu Bigg Boss?