The Supreme Court has ordered that there is no necessity for international teams to analyze the issue with Mulla periyar dam. Last month, there had been heavy rainfall in Kerala following which it was demanded to reduce the water level of Mulla Periyar dam and an appeal was made at the Supreme Court, by a person named Rusell Joy.
The bench of Supreme Court had heard the petition and had ordered the disaster management team to analyze and look into the issue of reducing the water level of Mulla Periyar Dam. It had also said that the team can make the decision and the two states must accept the decision made by the team. The disaster management team had ordered the reduction of level to 139 feet, following which the earlier fought and gained level of 142 feet by Tamilnadu was set to fail.
Yet again the case came to hearing
and the TN govt had said that it was feasible to store water up to 152 feet,
and opposed the order to reduce to 139 feet. The court had pushed the verdict
while also dismissing the claims of the petitioner to deploy an international
team to look into the issue, thereby becoming a setback for petitioner Rusell
PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday took on the Congress at an election rally in Chhattisgarh, saying that the party which had governed India for most of its independent history had strived to improve the fortunes of the Nehru-Gandhi family rather than develop the country. Meanwhile hitting out at Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, who has accused the BJP of corruption and crony
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja