The Supreme Court has ordered that there is no necessity for international teams to analyze the issue with Mulla periyar dam. Last month, there had been heavy rainfall in Kerala following which it was demanded to reduce the water level of Mulla Periyar dam and an appeal was made at the Supreme Court, by a person named Rusell Joy.
The bench of Supreme Court had heard the petition and had ordered the disaster management team to analyze and look into the issue of reducing the water level of Mulla Periyar Dam. It had also said that the team can make the decision and the two states must accept the decision made by the team. The disaster management team had ordered the reduction of level to 139 feet, following which the earlier fought and gained level of 142 feet by Tamilnadu was set to fail.
Yet again the case came to hearing
and the TN govt had said that it was feasible to store water up to 152 feet,
and opposed the order to reduce to 139 feet. The court had pushed the verdict
while also dismissing the claims of the petitioner to deploy an international
team to look into the issue, thereby becoming a setback for petitioner Rusell
BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies Accordingly Bharatiya Jana Party which has been keen on tying up with its ally Shiv Sena has finally decided the seat sharing formula with the party for Lok Sabha and Maharashtra's assembly elections. Meanwhile the Shiv Sena will contest for 23 seats while the BJP will contest 25 seats for the General elections.
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!