The supreme court has issued orders that the Tamilnadu government itself can take the decisions on releasing the 7 people accused and jailed in connection to the Rajiv Gandhi murder case.
In connection to the murder of former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, 7 people including Sandhan, Perarivalan, Nalini, Robert Pious, Ravichandran, Jayakumar were given imprisonment, of whom Santhan, Perarivalan, and Murugan were given death sentence, while the rest were given life imprisonment. While the death sentence people had sent mercy petitions to the president. in 2014 it was reduced to life imprisonment.
Though the supreme court had let the government take the decision on releasing them and planned the same, the central government then had opposed their release, but now the Supreme court has said that the Tamilnadu government can take the decision on releasing them.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?