The Gutkha scam case has become even more sensational and hotter and several arrests have been made including food safety officer Senthil Murugan and Pandian, Godown owners Madhavarao, Umashankar Gupta and others, by CBI. In 2013, the Jayalalitha lead AIADMK and government had ordered the banning of Gutkha and other drugs in the state, and in 2016, during the raids conducted by Income Tax officials in a godown in 2016, Gutkha was found.
With the evidences in the diary found there, it was written by Madhavarao that bribes were given to senior police officials and ministers. Following the CBI intervention in the case, as per court order, raids were being conducted since yesterday.
After the inquiries and search
operations in the residences of Minister Vijayabhaskar, George, former Chennai
commissioner and Rajendran, DGP, yesterday, the food safety officers Senthil Murugan,
MK Pandian, and godown owners Madhavarao and Uma shankar gupta were arrested by
CBI officers, and other than these several other agents and brokers were also
arrested, and this has become a huge sensation in the state.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!