Devotees, who intend to fast on the festival, get up early morning and take bathe. After wearing fresh clothes, they head to the nearest temple or offer prayers to the Lord at home. The prayers include singing aarti and chanting mantras including "Mam Sarvakarmsiddhaye Siddhivinayak Pujanmaham Karishye."
The devotees offer prasad to the deity and seek his blessings. The followers can either opt for nirjal vrat (waterless fast) or phalahar vrat (a diet). Apart from fruits, sabudana khichdi and curd rice, the devotees can eat sweets including til ka ladoo (sesame sweetmeat), gajak and rewari (sweets made of sesame and jaggery), along with tea and coffee.
People strictly restrain from non-vegetarian food
and alcohol. It is believed those who fast on this auspicious occasion are
blessed with health, wealth and prosperity.
Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition? Chennai sources stated that old warhorse of Dravidian politics, Su Thirunavukarasu, on Thursday sprang a surprise visiting DMDK chief Vijayakanth at his Saligramam bungalow thereby triggering speculation that the former TNCC president was brokering his party's alliance with Captain by keeping him out of the BJP-AIADMK coalition.
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21