The elephant headed god is worshiped at the beginning of seasons and rituals for this reason. And there is one day in every month of the year when this worship is said to be at its peak. Known as Sankashti Chaturthi or Sakat Chauth, this day is even more auspicious, especially if it falls on a Tuesday or Friday.
Celebrated across India, Sankashti Chaturthi is observed on the fourth day, or Chaturthi, of every month in the Hindu calendar. The day is also linked with the Krishna Paksha, or the waning phase of the moon. While people in many states of India celebrate this day, especially in Maharashtra, it is known by a number of different names. Known as Sankat Hara Chaturthi in Tamil Nadu, the day is also celebrated as Angaraki Chaturthi when it falls on a Tuesday.
The Sanskrit word "Sankashti" means
deliverance from troubled or difficult times, so worshiping Lord Ganesha on
this day means you'll be blessed with peace and prosperity in the coming times.
Devotees usually keep a fast to be free of obstacles on this day.
Chilli attack on Delhi CM! A shocking incident of chilli powder being thrown on Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in the secretariat has taken place. When Arvind Kejriwal had started for his noon lunch break, a person who was sitting there with the excuse of meeting him to give a petition, had suddenly took a pocket of Chilli powder he had kept hidden and threw the powder on Arvind Kejriwal.
- Rohit reveals the challenge!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja