Devotees keep a partial or day long fast on this day. They and eat only fruits, vegetables and root plants throughout the day. Peanuts, potatoes and sabudana khichdi are prepared especially to mark this day's fasting. The day's fasting is broken only after the main pooja is done.
The main puja of the day is done in the evening, after the moon is visible. The idol of Lord Ganesha is worshiped with Durva grass, fresh flowers and incense sticks. Lamps are lit, and devotees read the "vrat katha" specific to the month in which the Chaturthi is. The rituals for this day end with the sighting of the moon.
Special sweets or naivedya, including modaks, are
offered to the deity during the pooja. After the katha and aarti, these sweets
are distributed as prasad. Apart from worshiping Lord Ganesha, the moon is also
worshiped on Sankashti Chaturthi. Water, chandan or sandalwood paste, rice and
flowers are offered in the direction of the moon. Finally reciting the Vedic
hymns or mantras devoted to Lord Ganesha garners blessings on this day.
Devotees chant the Ganesha Ashtothra, Sankashtnashana sthothra and Vakrathunda
Mahakaya especially on Sankashti Chaturthi.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant