Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most celebrated festivals of Mumbai and for people planning to celebrate the festival by visiting pandals of Vinayaka here are some of the prominent places to visit to admire and experience the different themes and unique and colorful decorations in Mumbai.
1. Lalbaugcharaja Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal at Lalbaug is a very popular pandal during Ganesh chaturthi, and Lalbaugcha Raja is the one who
fulfils wishes of devotees and sometimes the people wait for nearly 24 hours to get blessings. This is the 84th year of the pandal and the theme is Gajraj Mahal, with deity decorated like Vishnu's Korma avatar.
2. Lalbaug Sarvajanik Utsav Mandal, in Ganesh Galli Is one of the oldest mandal in Lalbaug and is in its 90th year and people pay tribute to Dinanath Velling, who sculpted idols traditionally for Ganesh chaturthi. The pandal will replicate Sripuram Golden Temple in Vellore and deity of1985 idol will be brought wearing 5-kg gold necklace.
3. Keshavji Naik Chawl Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal, at Girgaum is in its 125th year And had hosted the legendary Lokmanya Tilak once. They have replicated Ganpatipule Temple at Ratnagiri.The youth at the mandal have planned to make 500 paper bags, with message based poems on conservation of trees, to be gifted to devotees with plant saplings.
4. Chinchpoklicha Raja also called as ChinchpoklichaChintamani, has an 18-feet Ganesh idol sculpted by Vijay Khatu and will replicate Mahishmati Darbar, from the epic Blockbuster Baahubali. The pandal is in its 98th year.
5. Azad Nagar Sarvajanik Utsav Samiti, Andheri called as Andhericharaja is usually frequented by popular celebrities and will have a replica of Ashtavinayak temples, which was sculpted by Ananta Shinde and Dharmesh Shah and it is in its 52nd year. Andhericharaja will sport the same look every year and is decorated with a 3.1 kg crown, done with donated gold from 3000 Mumbaikars during 50th year anniversary.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!