New Delhi sources stated that a poll panel of the Election Commission met yesterday at around 4:30 pm to discuss the possibility of conducting elections in Telangana, along with the elections in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile following the Telangana cabinet's decision to dissolve the Legislative Assembly, under the leadership of caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), the EC is learnt to consider the idea of holding elections in the State.
Previously the Telangana Assembly elections were scheduled to be held in June, 2019, along with the general elections. Moreover yesterday, in a historic decision, CM KCR put an end to days of speculation over the possibility of advancement of elections in the State. Reports added the State Election Commission convened a meeting in Hyderabad yesterday, with the Collectors of the 31 districts to discuss on the basic needs and the readiness of voting equipment.
Furthermore in view of the usage of VVPAT in the
elections for the first time in Telangana, Telangana Chief Election Officer
Rajath Kumar and GHMC Commissioner Dana Kishore created awareness on the
equipment to the district Collectors.
UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya In the view of verdict by supreme court on disputed land case of Ram Janambhoomi-Babri masjid, the administration has cancelled leaves of field officers in Uttar Pradesh, police and administration officers of all 75 districts were ordered to maintain law and order situation in the state. Additional chief secretary of Uttar Pradesh has issued a government order regarding cancellation of leaves to all field officers in the state, they were directed not to leave the district headquarters till
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday