New Delhi sources stated that a poll panel of the Election Commission met yesterday at around 4:30 pm to discuss the possibility of conducting elections in Telangana, along with the elections in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile following the Telangana cabinet's decision to dissolve the Legislative Assembly, under the leadership of caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), the EC is learnt to consider the idea of holding elections in the State.
Previously the Telangana Assembly elections were scheduled to be held in June, 2019, along with the general elections. Moreover yesterday, in a historic decision, CM KCR put an end to days of speculation over the possibility of advancement of elections in the State. Reports added the State Election Commission convened a meeting in Hyderabad yesterday, with the Collectors of the 31 districts to discuss on the basic needs and the readiness of voting equipment.
Furthermore in view of the usage of VVPAT in the
elections for the first time in Telangana, Telangana Chief Election Officer
Rajath Kumar and GHMC Commissioner Dana Kishore created awareness on the
equipment to the district Collectors.
Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur According to sources more than five lakh devotees witnessed the ‘Soorasamharam’ event on the sixth day of the ‘Kanda Sashti’ festival on Tuesday at Tiruchendur the second abode of Lord Muruga. Meanwhile the temple was opened for devotees in the wee hours of 1 am on Tuesday, following which ‘Vishwaroopa Darshan’ and ‘Vijayamarthanda Abishegam’ was performed at 1:30 am and 2 am respectively.
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!