New Delhi sources stated that a poll panel of the Election Commission met yesterday at around 4:30 pm to discuss the possibility of conducting elections in Telangana, along with the elections in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile following the Telangana cabinet's decision to dissolve the Legislative Assembly, under the leadership of caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR), the EC is learnt to consider the idea of holding elections in the State.
Previously the Telangana Assembly elections were scheduled to be held in June, 2019, along with the general elections. Moreover yesterday, in a historic decision, CM KCR put an end to days of speculation over the possibility of advancement of elections in the State. Reports added the State Election Commission convened a meeting in Hyderabad yesterday, with the Collectors of the 31 districts to discuss on the basic needs and the readiness of voting equipment.
Furthermore in view of the usage of VVPAT in the
elections for the first time in Telangana, Telangana Chief Election Officer
Rajath Kumar and GHMC Commissioner Dana Kishore created awareness on the
equipment to the district Collectors.
BJP Member says She will change constitution! BJP prominent member and Women and Child welfare minister of Maharashtra named Pankaja Munde is now embroiled in a huge controversy following her sensational and wrong statement that BJP once elected to the throne again will change the constituency after Lok Sabha elections.
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka