According to sources from New Delhi Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that the government would soon put in place a new policy to promote the use of electric vehicles in the country and fight against climate change. He said "We want to build India as a driver in electric vehicles and we will soon put in place a stable policy regime around electric and other automated vehicles. Clean mobility powered by clean energy is our most powerful weapon in our fight against climate change”.
He said “This means a pollution free clean drive, leading to clean air and better living standards for our people” and his vision for the future of mobility in India is based on 7 Cs common, connected, convenient, congestion free, charged, clean, cutting-edge." Meanwhile he was speaking at the 'Global Mobility Summit' in New Delhi, in which a number of industry leaders, including Suzuki Motor Corporation Chairman Osamu Suzuki, participated. Furthermore charged mobility, Modi said, was the way forward.
He added "We want to drive investments across the value chain from
batteries to smart charging to electric vehicle manufacturing and almost India's
entrepreneurs’ manufacturers are now poised to develop and deploy break-through
battery technology”. Furthermore the Prime Minister also said India's economy
and reforms were on the move in this direction. Moreover convenient mobility
means safe, affordable and accessible for all sections of the society and this
includes the elderly, the women and the specially-abled.
Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families? Washington sources reported that a legislation seeking to stop the Trump administration from revoking the work authorization of spouses of H1-B visa holders, which include Indians, has been introduced in the US Congress by two lawmakers. Accordingly they said eliminating this benefit would force many foreign workers to use their talent to compete against American businesses.
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?