Accordingly British Airways (BA) on Friday said personal and financial data of its nearly 380,000 customers who booked online on its website and mobile app has been compromised. Furthermore when urging the customers to immediately contact their banks after their credit cards details were compromised, the airways said it was investigating the theft that happened between August 21 and September 5.
BA said in a statement "We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app and the stolen data did not include travel or passport details”. Moreover from 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.
The statement added "The breach has been resolved and our website is
working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities"
and moreover the airways said if you believe you have been affected, please
contact your bank or credit card provider and follow their recommended advice. Further
BA said, adding the airways will be contacting affected customers directly to
advise them of what has happened and "We are deeply sorry for the
disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of
our customers' data very seriously".
IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories Reportedly the subscribers to the initial public offering (IPO) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) are now eagerly waiting for the allotment of shares, which was concluded yesterday, as market experts predict a bumper listing for the PSU (public sector unit) stock. Meanwhile the IRCTC IPO had closed on October 3 and was subscribed nearly 112 times on the back of strong demand across investor categories.
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram
- When will TSRTC strike come to an end?
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today