Accordingly British Airways (BA) on Friday said personal and financial data of its nearly 380,000 customers who booked online on its website and mobile app has been compromised. Furthermore when urging the customers to immediately contact their banks after their credit cards details were compromised, the airways said it was investigating the theft that happened between August 21 and September 5.
BA said in a statement "We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app and the stolen data did not include travel or passport details”. Moreover from 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.
The statement added "The breach has been resolved and our website is
working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities"
and moreover the airways said if you believe you have been affected, please
contact your bank or credit card provider and follow their recommended advice. Further
BA said, adding the airways will be contacting affected customers directly to
advise them of what has happened and "We are deeply sorry for the
disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of
our customers' data very seriously".
I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi Sources from Panaji made a statement that Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday wished ailing Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar a speedy recovery and referred to him as the "architect of modern Goa." PM Modi said "I wish my best friend and well and hope for his quick recovery. He is indeed the architect of modern Goa. And I salute his efforts at work despite being ill," adding
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South