Hyderabad sources stated that former Assembly Speaker and senior leader of the Congress party Suresh Reddy announced that he was joining the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party. Meanwhile after holding a long discussion with caretaker IT minister K Taraka Rama Rao (KTR), the senior leader announced his decision. Previously, KTR visited Suresh Reddy's residence and invited him to join the TRS.
Further when speaking to media after the discussion, KTR announced that Suresh Reddy was invited to the party, keeping in mind the latter's longstanding friendship with caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR). KTR said "Former Speaker Suresh Reddy and caretaker CM KCR have been friends since 1989, since then, the two leaders had worked together in the Assembly for the achievement of statehood to Telangana. Meanwhile irrespective of parties and ideologies, the two always shared similar opinions on issues pertaining to Telangana's welfare”.
Moreover when speaking on the occasion, Suresh Reddy said that he was
joining the TRS to contribute to the development of Telangana and that there
was no political motive behind his decision. He said "TRS Chief KCR has
already announced the list of contestants from various constituencies. He is
not joining the TRS for political gain, but he would like to associate with the
people of Telangana, on the government's behalf”.
KCR wanted TRS to get more than 100 seats, party got 88 seats Accordingly the TRS has scored a century in the Assembly, a desire often expressed by Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao before the elections. Presently thanks to a series of defections, the TRS has reached the 100 mark. Furthermore before the Assembly elections, Mr Rao used to repeatedly say that the TRS would get more than 100 seats out of the 119 in the Assembly and the TRS ended up with 88 seats.
- Why there is problem in Hyderabad Metro frequency?
- YS Vivekananda Reddy's daughter feels her father's death in Social Media is a trash
- History Maker: Gautam Shantilal Adani - Founder of Adani Group
- No incidents of acid attacks or kidnapping under my tenure: Yogi Adithyanath
- Lokesh took risk where as Pavan played safe game!
- Kanna will be the candidate of Vizag MP?
- What is Roja's Condition in Nagari This Time?
- TDP's Efforts To Prevent YSRCP Hindupur MP Nomination Foiled
- CM Chandrababu is Criminal Minister: Jagan
- Why former Indian Cricketer Azharuddin denied MP ticket?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu for delay in Polavaram Project
- Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!