Former central minister and former member of DMK party, MK Alagiri, the son of late DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi has said that he is going to be the real challenge for DMK from now. The newly elected DMK party president MK Stalin has been hesitant to reinstate Alagiri into DMK. This has saddened Alagiri camp, and he had conducted a march on September 5, in Chennai.
This march was not attended by DMK cadre or Stalin followers and with low turnout has further turned out to be a big upset for Alagiri. Alagiri has said that RK Nagar loss was due to blind faith, and quoted an instance when a female candidate who opposed Jayalalitha had won 57000 votes.
However the same DMK which got 57k
votes against Jayalalitha could get only 24k votes against TTV Dinakaran.
Without me, DMK will still continue facing losses, and I will be the major
challenge for DMK, said the angered Alagiri.
ED attached Assets of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi According to sources the Enforcement Directorate said it has attached assets in India and abroad worth Rs 218 crore belonging to fugitive diamond merchants Nirav Modi and his maternal uncle Mehul Choksi. Meanwhile the duo, who have fled the country, are accused of defrauding state run Punjab National Bank of Rs 13,500 crore.
- BJP releases its Manifesto for Telangana Elections in a week
- Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple?
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress