Chennai sources added that Madras high court has directed the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) wing to file a report on the progress made on the complaint alleging corruption charges against Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami. Meanwhile Justice A.D.Jagadish Chandira, before whom a petition filed by DMK organizing secretary and Rajya Sabha member R. S. Bharathy, came up for further hearing on Friday, gave the direction to the DVAC.
Furthermore in a petition filed Bharathi sought for a direction to the DVAC to register a case against Palaniswami in connection with corruption charges leveled against him for amassing wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income. Reports added four weeks after the court slammed the DVAC and directing the wing to conduct a probe ‘as expeditiously as possible’ on a similar ‘disproportionate assets’ complaint leveled against Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam by Bharathi, the DMK leader filed the present plea before the court.
the petitioner submitted that on June 13 this year, the DMK had lodged a
complaint with the DVAC, seeking a probe into ‘disproportionate assets’
allegedly amassed by Palaniswami. Moreover during the previous hearing,
advocate general Vijay Narayan informed the judge that after holding the
preliminary probe, the draft final report had been sent to the DVAC on August
28 last and it was up to the agency to take action.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!