Chennai sources added that Madras high court has directed the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) wing to file a report on the progress made on the complaint alleging corruption charges against Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami. Meanwhile Justice A.D.Jagadish Chandira, before whom a petition filed by DMK organizing secretary and Rajya Sabha member R. S. Bharathy, came up for further hearing on Friday, gave the direction to the DVAC.
Furthermore in a petition filed Bharathi sought for a direction to the DVAC to register a case against Palaniswami in connection with corruption charges leveled against him for amassing wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income. Reports added four weeks after the court slammed the DVAC and directing the wing to conduct a probe ‘as expeditiously as possible’ on a similar ‘disproportionate assets’ complaint leveled against Deputy Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam by Bharathi, the DMK leader filed the present plea before the court.
the petitioner submitted that on June 13 this year, the DMK had lodged a
complaint with the DVAC, seeking a probe into ‘disproportionate assets’
allegedly amassed by Palaniswami. Moreover during the previous hearing,
advocate general Vijay Narayan informed the judge that after holding the
preliminary probe, the draft final report had been sent to the DVAC on August
28 last and it was up to the agency to take action.
Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21 Sources from New Delhi made a statement that Congress MP and Sunanda Pushkar’s husband Shashi Tharoor has been charged as the key accused, with the prosecution booking him under IPC sections 498A (subjecting wife to cruelty) and 306 (abetment to suicide) was present in the court. Meanwhile police have asked 10 days' time from the court to argue on charges leveled against Shashi Tharoor.
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD