According to sources Makkal Neethi Maiam founder president Kamal Hassan condemned the detention of Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav near Tiruvannamalai when he was on his way to express solidarity with farmers protesting against the proposed Salem-Chennai Expressway project. Meanwhile Kamal Hassan called Yogendra Yadav 'brother' and said "a politician from a different state" had come to learn about the opinion of the farmers of our state".
Hassan said in a statement "This act is to be criticized and condemned, as it prevents opinions from being shared and is an act of dictatorship". Reports added that people should have the freedom to express their views without fear, the actor turned politician added. Recently the Swaraj Abhiyan leader tweeted that he was "manhandled" and pushed into a police van.
He said "We came on the invitation of Movement Against 8Lane Way and
we were prevented from going to meet farmers, phones were snatched, we were
roughed up and pushed into the police van, firsthand experience of police state
in TN”. Moreover Yadav said he had come here for fact finding on land
acquisition when he was stopped from proceeding. Furthermore the project, a
Central government initiative being implemented by the Tamilnadu government,
aims to bring down the travel time between Salem and Chennai.
Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana government Vote On Account Budget session commenced yesterday, the first day of the four day session. Accordingly Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) moved a resolution in the state Assembly to condemn the terror attack claimed by the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terror outfit. He said "This was an attack on the nation," and conveyed
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles