According to sources Makkal Neethi Maiam founder president Kamal Hassan condemned the detention of Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav near Tiruvannamalai when he was on his way to express solidarity with farmers protesting against the proposed Salem-Chennai Expressway project. Meanwhile Kamal Hassan called Yogendra Yadav 'brother' and said "a politician from a different state" had come to learn about the opinion of the farmers of our state".
Hassan said in a statement "This act is to be criticized and condemned, as it prevents opinions from being shared and is an act of dictatorship". Reports added that people should have the freedom to express their views without fear, the actor turned politician added. Recently the Swaraj Abhiyan leader tweeted that he was "manhandled" and pushed into a police van.
He said "We came on the invitation of Movement Against 8Lane Way and
we were prevented from going to meet farmers, phones were snatched, we were
roughed up and pushed into the police van, firsthand experience of police state
in TN”. Moreover Yadav said he had come here for fact finding on land
acquisition when he was stopped from proceeding. Furthermore the project, a
Central government initiative being implemented by the Tamilnadu government,
aims to bring down the travel time between Salem and Chennai.
More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19 According to sources a low pressure area that has formed over the Bay of Bengal will bring in much needed rain to Chennai, but will then move on to northern coastal and interior districts that are still recovering from the heavy cyclonic winds that caused loss of life and property this week. Meanwhile as per report from IMD, the low pressure area is likely to strengthen over the next 24 hours and will move north to make landfall on the Tamilnadu coast.
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment