Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump said he’s ready to impose tariffs on an additional $267 billion in Chinese goods on short notice, on top of a proposed $200 billion that his administration is putting the final touches on. Meanwhile the implementation of tariffs on $200 billion of products from China “will take place very soon depending on what happens,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One. “He hates to do this, but behind that there is another $267 billion ready to go on short notice if he wants.”
Furthermore US stocks erased gains after Trump’s remarks, with the S&P 500 Index falling by 0.3 percent to the lowest in two weeks by 1:26 p.m. in New York. Recently Trump tariffs threats, if he follows through, would more than cover the value of all goods the US buys from China, according to US government data from last year. Moreover the US imported $505 billion of Chinese products in 2017, Census Bureau figures show.
Moreover when levying duties on all Chinese purchases would hit and Hun
Quach, vice president of international trade for the Retail Industry Leaders
Association, said by phone “every aspect of our American lifestyle so the
clothes that we put on our back, the food that we eat, the cars that we drive,
the shoes that we wear”. Hence the Trump administration has already
slapped duties on $50 billion of Chinese exports since July, which spurred
immediate in-kind retaliation from Beijing.
Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor Chennai sources stated that the mother of one of the seven convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, on Monday met Tamilnadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit seeking her son's release following a cabinet recommendation to him on the matter. Accordingly Arputhammal
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE